Food labels are informative labels attached to packaged food products, instant food Products, packaged herbs, spices & condiments that provide essential details about the product's contents, nutritional information, ingredients, allergens, and other relevant information. These labels are designed to help you make informed choices about the food products you purchase and consume. Food labels are required by food regulatory authorities to ensure transparency in the food industry and protect the health and well-being of consumers.
The information presented on food labels serves various purposes, including:
1. Nutritional Information:Food labels display the nutritional content of the product per serving, including the number of calories, amounts of macronutrients (such as protein, carbohydrates, and fats), and micronutrients (such as vitamins and minerals) etc.
2. Ingredient List:An ingredient list is included on food labels, detailing all the components of the product in descending order of weight. The list helps consumers identify the presence of allergens, additives, preservatives, and other substances in the food. Keya provides food products keeping in mind their consumers, hence having a range of offerings like Keya Herbs, Keya seasonings, Instant Pasta,, with finest quality ingredients, no added preservatives and no added colours.
3. Allergen Information:Food labels indicate the presence of common allergens, such as nuts, dairy, soy, wheat, and others. Allergen information is crucial for individuals with food allergies or sensitivities to avoid potential health risks.
4. Portion Sizes: Food labels provide information about the recommended serving size, enabling consumers to understand the nutritional content they consume. Keya has brought in a well-researched and thought product range of Instant pasta to serve wholesome portions as not snacks but small meals for the day to replace everyday boring meals.
5. Caloric Content: The calorie content of the food product is highlighted on the label, assisting individuals in managing their calorie intake as part of a balanced diet.
6. Expiration Dates:Food labels include information about the shelf life of the product, helping consumers determine its freshness and safety for consumption. Keya holds freshness and food safety as the utmost important aspect for best product quality for which all the products are carefully sourced, manually hand-picked and sorted to bring products that keep well on your kitchen shelf.
7. Country of Origin:Some food labels provide information about the country of origin for the ingredients or the final product. Origin can be important for consumers who have preferences related to the source of their food. Keya has a few offerings sourced from the origin like Srilankan Cinnamon, Kashmiri Paprika Powder, and Travancore Nutmeg Powder to deliver authenticity to its consumers.
8. Nutrition and Health Claims:Food labels may include claims such as "low fat", "high in fibre", or "good source of vitamin C." These claims are regulated and must meet specific criteria to ensure accuracy. Keya not only works for quality but also delivers some nutritionally rich food products like durum wheat Pasta Range which is high in protein with no trans fat and low glycemic index. Not only this, Keya’s Instant Pasta range is made with Semolina (Suji) which is healthy for both kids and adults.
9. Dietary Preferences and Restrictions:Food labels may include symbols or statements indicating whether a product is suitable for specific dietary preferences or restrictions, such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, or organic. Keya’s products like Italian Pizza Oregano, Italian Pizza Chilli stand gluten-free for the consumers to enjoy some Italian delicacies at home without any concern.
10. Instructions for Use: In some cases, food labels provide instructions on how to prepare or use the product, ensuring optimal taste and safety. When discussing instructions, Keya curates the recipes along with expert chefs for all the products with clear usage instructions. Apart from recipes, there are some products like Keya sprinklers which come in handy with a multipurpose application cap for different uses like sprinkling and cooking.
Checking food labels is an important practice for consumers to make informed decisions based on their nutritional needs, dietary preferences, and health considerations. It contributes to a transparent and accountable food industry, fostering consumer trust and safety.